Born and raised on Vancouver Island, Jesse Elliott always pursued his interests with dedication. In his elementary school years, this meant a black belt in Tae Kwon Do by age 12.
Are you interested in talking to alumni and building support for SFU? Then we have the perfect job for you! We’re accepting student fundraiser applications for the fall 2017 Annual Alumni Calling Campaign.
The low down. You’ll be calling alumni and asking for donations for scholarships, bursaries, awards, research projects and more.
What’s in it for me? You’ll receive paid, professional telemarketing training and learn valuable communication skills - awesome resume builder.
Wait, there’s more. You’ll meet some cool new people in an upbeat and fun environment…and there may be pizza…and cake.
Need more convincing? Hear from one of our fundraisers:
"I'm incredibly thankful to the team for giving me the chance to strengthen my communication skills. After this job, I got a really cool position with Open Data Society of BC. They were holding a Summit and I was specifically asked to help get sponsorship for this event! I was involved in constant communication with several top execs who really liked my experience. This would have never happened without my involvement in the SFU Annual Alumni Calling Campaign ." – Slava Treflin
What you need
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Fantastic telephone manners
- Positive, enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Available to work 2-3 shifts per week
When you work*
Mandatory paid training: September 30 & October 1, 2017
Calling campaign: October 2 - December 7, 2017
Available shifts: Sunday 12 - 6 PM, Monday - Thursday 5 - 9 PM
*All dates subject to change.
What you're paid
$ 12/hour + performance bonuses, gift cards and prizes
How you apply
Email your cover letter and resume (Word or PDF) to:
Junaid Khan, Manager, Annual Giving: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We go through applications in the order we receive them. If you’re reading this, we’re still accepting resumes!
How we hire
- Phone interview. Since 99% of this job is on the phone, we’ll be evaluating your communication, attitude, tone and volume.
- Group interview. If you qualify, this is your opportunity to show us why you would be a great candidate for this position.
- Reference checks. If you pass the group interview, be prepared to provide at least two references.
- If your references meet our requirements, you’ll be officially offered a position with the student calling program.
Originally from Denmark, Jorgen Vibe (Jack) Christensen was held at a prison camp in Japan during World War II. He was released in 1945 and rarely spoke of that time, but the experience stayed with him.